Wednesday, June 18, 2014

"It's Hot Out" Treat, with a cherry on top....

Dang it is hot and humid here in Ohio.  BUT, I am NOT complaining....no I really am not.  After this past winter, I doubt I will complain about the heat again.

Instead, I will cool off with a fun treat.



Dark Cherry/Vanilla Frozen Treat

1-2 frozen over-ripe bananas
1/4 cup of raw cashews soaked in enough water to cover
1/2 cup of frozen dark cherries
2 Medjool dates
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla powder*


Soak cashews for a few minutes (I do this right in the Vitamix).  Add bananas and cherries, dates and vanilla powder.  Process and add more water if Vitamix bogs down.

Serve, eat, smile.

*I splurged awhile back and ordered some Wilderness Poets Vanilla Powder.  You can learn more about it here:  http://www.wildernesspoets.com/  or here, where I ordered it:  http://www.iherb.com/wilderness-poets-pure-vanilla-powder-1-oz-28-g/53529

This is SERIOUS vanilla and wonderful.  I like that there is no alcohol too.



Yummy, yummy, yummy and a nice reward after some hot outside work.

Sue, in vanilla heaven, in Ohio


No comments:

Post a Comment