Friday, February 1, 2019

Tahini Treats

I found a new treat from a you-tuber I've been watching lately --- what an explosion of youtubers there are now!  And there is a entire vegan/plant-based community of sorts on You Tube, (complete with DRAMA, like we don't have enough of that in the world already---but hey, we all need to express ourselves I suppose)---  anyway, it is nice to have additional resources for recipes, health tips, etc.)

The particular you-tuber I am referencing is named Miles...and his channel is Healthy Crazy Cool.  You can see his post for "Chocolate Caramel Tahini Bombs" here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yfGPKLZAHs&t=11s 

I quite enjoy Miles because he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously, is a bit of cheeky sort prone to sarcasm (who doesn't love that) and occasionally posts some fun food tips that I find interesting.  Because of watching his channel, I now incorporate more tahini into my diet, something I was trying to do anyway.

In case you don't want to watch all of Miles' post, here is the quick and dirty on these very delicious treats.

You need:

Medjool Dates
Dark Chocolate
Tahini
Optional toppings:  Chopped pistachios, coconut, chopped cashews, raw cacao nibs or others

-Pit the dates.


-Stuff the dates with tahini.

 



-Freeze until the tahini solidifies (approx 20 minutes)


-Dip the dates in melted dark chocolate (or drizzle the chocolate onto the dates).




-At this point either dip or roll the dates into any toppings or sprinkle the toppings on or skip the toppings and refrigerate to help harden the chocolate.


These would make great Valentine's Day treats or just a nice treat for an energy boost mid-afternoon.



Sue, munching deliciousness, in Ohio


No comments:

Post a Comment